Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rain Drops and Pip Squeaks

The other night I was just about to go to bed when I heard rain pattering on the roof. Now, since it was still summer, it was REALLY hot, so the sound of rain was like the welcome drum beat of refreshingness ;P So I jumped off of my bed and ran out the door in my pyjamas (since we live on a site with many houses but not many my aged people I could do this without embarrassment from peers or danger of kidnapping by a random street person. ;) I stood on the trampoline with the rain running down my face, singing 'Singing in the Rain' since it seemed fitting. The rain stopped as quick as it had come, and the clouds broke apart. a shining full moon and dazzling stars appeared and I can safely say that the midnight sky that night was a deep velvet purple. That was one of those moments that you might miss, but if you don't, it is worth remembering. :) Bee-E-A-uutiful :)

'When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, I wonder, What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?' psalm 8.3-4

Amazing outerspace :)
Nature always puts me in my place. It reminds me how insignificant we are. We are tiny compared to Earth, right? and our solar system (the planets and the sun) is a microscopic part of the Milky Way galaxy. Well, according to my dad (he's an astronomer, so this is purely scientific) and I quote; 'The milky way compared to the universe is like a mosquito's poop in the Atlantic Ocean.'

Fun Fact :  The light from the closest star (excluding the sun) takes 3 years to reach us! THREE YEARS!! And that light is traveling at the speed of light! (299 792 458 metres per second btw.) seconds in a year - 31 536 000. so that times three times the speed of light... hehe you can do the maths, I'm on holiday :)

1 Peter 5.7 'He cares for you.'


As humans, we have a tendency of thinking of ourselves as the center of the universe. We aren't. Not even close. And we aren't that significant either. God is the center. He is the Creator. And    He    Cares    For     Us..!! Us insignificant little pipsqueaks!! Take some time, go out into nature and see for yourself this wonderful world that God made. He made the amazing intricate designs of every flower and molded each unique distant star. And he loves us. Our God is AWESOME!




Before you go, just remember that if it is or has been raining, better take gumboots and a jacket, 'cause take it from someone who knows, if you stand in the rain in your pj's you'll have a cold by the next morning, and that aint that much fun ;)

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I totally agree! The way you write captures the readers attention! I will never get bored reading your Blogs, or anything else for that matter! Be strong and courageous, and do well at the talents God has blessed you with <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful writing. You are so good at your writing and English skills!!! Wow..you should become an author :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love the idea of sitting out in the pouring rain on a hot summer's night! And it is completely amazing that God cares about us, the little speck in the ray of sunlight out of another gazillion tiny specks. How you put it in your post reminds me of 'Indescribable' (the movie and the song) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you guys (girls) for the compliments :) yea jess i loved that movie, we watched it at school :D

    ReplyDelete